News & Notes
On cable tonight, Cartoon Network has the third season finale of Total Drama World Tour, Lifetime has the TV movie premiere of One Angry Juror, and Showtime has the sixth season finale of Weeds and the first season finale of The Big C.
House (FOX): New. A teenager girl is admitted to Princeton Plainsboro with what looks like smallpox after a jar from a 200-year-old ship break in her hand. House puts his life on the line to prove he is right. I very much like the addition of Amber Tamblyn’s (Joan of Arcadia) med student character. Having someone that is as smart as House, but with much less life experience and someone who also has a moral code the leaves her at odds with him, yet trying to impress him, is interesting to watch. Also, watching House try to navigate his new relationship with Cuddy through all this makes for some good drama.
Lie to Me (FOX): New. Lightman goes up against a the leader of self-help empire that may also be a cult leader in an attempt to free a wealthy woman from his control.
Castle (ABC): New. Castle’s latest bizarre theory includes alien abduction after a prominent astrophysicist is found dead in her car. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Chuck (NBC): New. Chuck attempts to prove himself by taking on a hazardous mission. Casey and Morgan have to put a stop to the Buy More crew looking into the identity of Greta, played by Summer Glau (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles).
The Event (NBC): New. President Martinez wants to know more about the assassination attempt. Vicky gets a new mission.
Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): New. The team is tasked with protecting a visiting dictator from an assassination attempt.
- The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network): New. Food Network personalities talk about the best thing they’ve ever eaten “That I’m Thankful For.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- The Big C (Showtime): New. Season Finale. Cynthia and Sean reconnect. Cathy reevaluates after Dr. Todd tells her that the alternative bee treatment wasn’t successful. Plays again later.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy checks out some places serving up some tasty Thanksgiving foods. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): New. Chuck is hosting a masquerade ball. Nate and Dan don’t know what to make of Serena’s behavior.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Barney gets his hands on a copy of the Canadian kids’ show that launched Robin Sparkles. Unfortunately, the third time is not the charm for an episode that revolves around Robin’s teen alter ego. There are some laughs, but they are all built off Canadian flavored double entendres. Kind of a big let down after the greatness of last week’s episode, where the humor came between some great character moments and story development.
- Mike & Molly (CBS): New. Molly takes offense to being introduced to a woman that is flirting with Mike as his friend. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS): New. Russell gets cut off from his trust fund by his mother and moves in with Timmy. Audrey is trying to help Jeff get a raise at work.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Charlie takes a liking to the woman that comes in for Berta on her days off. Alan thinks Lyndsey’s ex is stalking him. Runs 31 minutes.
- ESPN has Monday Night Football action with the Philadelphia Eagles at the Washington Redskins.
Discovery Channel has eight episodes of American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior tonight.
Oxygen has five episodes of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.
Spike TV has 10 episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Syfy has eight episodes of Scariest Places on Earth early.
USA has 11 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
WE has seven episodes of Amazing Wedding Cakes and later 10 episodes of The Golden Girls.
What are most looking forward to tonight?