News & Notes
Over on cable, A&E has the sixth season premiere of Paranormal State, DIY has the second season premiere of Turf Wars, Food Network has the 11th season finale of Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, and Syfy has the first season finale of Being Human.
House (FOX): New. House shows up to pick Thirteen up after she is released from prison and they head out on a road trip, while House tries to figure out what she did to go to jail. Meanwhile, the rest of the team tries to diagnose a patient with respiratory problems. This is an outstanding episode. It seems the episodes that get House out of the hospital tend to be above average and this one is significantly above. The back and forth between House and Thirteen and the where House is traveling too is just great stuff. They stepped it up for the show’s 150th episode. Also, there is some fun interactions between the rest of the team given the case they are on.
The Chicago Code (FOX): New. The temperatures are on the rise and so is violence in the city during a summer heat wave and it’s all hands on deck, including Teresa. The detectives are looking into a murder witnessed by the dead man’s young son. Great episode. If you haven’t checked this show out you, you really got to give it a shot. We need more quality dramas like this on TV. Next week’s episode is even better.
Castle (ABC): New. Beckett and Castle are looking into the death of a champion swimmer. Castle gets some advice from authors Michael Connelly and Dennis Lehane. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Chuck (NBC): New. The CIA orders Vivian Volkoff’s assassination, but Chuck doesn’t believe she is guilty and attempts to prove otherwise. Ellie thinks she is running into roadblocks while looking into her father’s past.
Being Human (Syfy): Season Finale. Celine has reappeared. Josh and Sally are trying to help Aidan. Plays again later. The previous 12 episodes of the season replays leading up to tonight’s S.1 finale.
Nurse Jackie (Showtime): New. Kevin’s sister comes for a visit. Akalitus is facing off against some Catholic bureaucrats. Plays again later.
United States of Tara (Showtime): New. Charmaine has some big problems after Tara transitions. Max needs his mother’s approval to sell the family business. Kate meets a flight attendant. Plays again later.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Season Finale. Guy checks out places that serve up some “Porktastic” dishes. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): New. Danny and Steve find a murder victim while out on a hike. Chin Ho and Kono go home to visit their aunt that is ill.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Marshall decides to quit his job and volunteer at an environmental organization. Ted and Zooey continue to do battle over the Arcadia.
- Make It or Break It (ABC Family): New. Darby has the girls switching up their routines and doing someone else’s.
- Stargate Universe (Syfy): New. A team is sent to rescue Lt. Johansen and Cpl. Reynolds. Plays again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball MLB action with the Tampa Bay Rays at the Boston Red Sox.
- NBA TV has doubleheader action with the Orlando Magic at the Philadelphia 76ers followed by the team that shall not be named at the Sacramento Kings.
Bravo has 11 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Oxygen has six episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Spike TV has 12 episodes of Jail.
Syfy has all 13 season one episodes of Being Human.
USA Network has 10 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
WE has seven episodes of Downsized early and later 10 episodes of The Golden Girls tonight.