News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the series premiere of The River.
Over on cable, A&E has the first season finale of Shipping Wars, BBC America has the first season finale of Jamie’s American Road Trip, Bravo has the seventh season premiere of The Real Housewives of Orange County, Cartoon Network has the first season finale of The Looney Tunes Show, E! has a Growing Up Hollywood special, and Oxygen has the second season premiere of Jersey Couture.
NCIS (CBS): New. A man at a diner pulls a gun on Gibbs and he ends up questioning some of his life choices. This is the 200th episode of the show.
New Girl (FOX): New. Jess makes it her goal to make friends with the landlord, even though Nick wants her to leave things status quo. Runs 31 minutes.
Raising Hope (FOX): New. Burt upsets Virginia when he makes a comment about her career. Jimmy is wondering if Sabrina will move with her boyfriend. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes.
Justified (FX): New. Raylan is searching for a couple of his old adversaries after a prison break. Runs 61 minutes. Plays twice and again later. Last week’s episode, “Harlan Roulette,” replays in late night as well.
Switched at Birth (ABC Family): New. Kathryn’s mother comes for a visit. Bay and Regina try to find out more about Angelo. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Expulsion From the Garden of Eden,” replays right before.
The River (ABC): Series Premiere. Dr. Emmett Cole, an adventurer that has done a TV show about his exploits for years, goes missing and six months later his emergency beacon is activated and his family wants to go search for him. The whole trip will be funded if a film crew can record the journey to look for Cole. Two episodes play tonight. The first episode is really good at what it is trying to do and that is coming from someone that doesn’t really go for the horror thriller type of shows or movies. The creepiness/scary factor is high for a TV show and I am actually interested in seeing more, which is only six more episodes past tonight for the first season. If you go for this type of fair, you should definitely check this out tonight. The second episode tonight is very effective as well, even if one thing that was meant to be creepy actually made me laugh out loud.
- Jane by Design (ABC Family): New. Jane is trying to find out what her fellow students are interested in fashion-wise. Billy tries a new look. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “The Lookbook,” replays earlier this evening.
- Last Man Standing (ABC): New. Two episodes play tonight. In the first, Mike and the family learn that someone once died in the home they live in. In the second, Mandy meets Kim Kardashian.
- NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS): New. The team must figure out what was stolen from a diplomatic transport and figure out who was behind the left.
- Parenthood (NBC): New. Sarah and Mark are talking about the possibility of having children. Amber questions her promotion.
- Ringer (The CW): New. Juliet’s mother comes for a visit and wreaks havoc on the family. Bridget thinks she may have figured out how to learn more about her sister.
- Southland (TNT): New. Tang works to help a homeless vet. Ben and Lydia have to face some changes. Plays again later.
- White Collar (USA Network): New. Neal works on a case with Sarah to find a missing Stradivarius. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Neighborhood Watch,” replays earlier in the morning.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Florida at Kentucky followed by Purdue at Ohio State.
- ESPN2 has college basketball action with Iowa State at Oklahoma State.
- NBA TV has doubleheader action.
- NBC Sports has NHL action.
- Royal Pains (USA Network): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “My Back to the Future,” replays.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of Roseanne.
Spike TV has six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
USA Network has 14 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.