Scroll down for the Cable Choices and Other Options as there is plenty of good and interesting looking TV on tonight. New original movies on ABC Family and Disney, new reality show on TLC, new episodes of The 4400, The Dead Zone, Deadwood, Entourage, Angelaâ€™s Eyes and plenty of sports action during the day. Yet if you donâ€™t have cable you are stuck with reruns or seeing the new Miss Universe get crowned. What will you be watching?
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Lisa gets arrested and Flanders wants a town morality czar.
American Dad (FOX): Repeat. Stan demands to teach when he finds out his sonâ€™s school has a sex education class.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. The one where Gabriel kisses Tom and Lynette is none too happy and Mike tries to bond with Zach.
Greyâ€™s Anatomy (ABC): Repeat. The one with guest star Rosanna Arquette as a prisoner who threatens her health so she can spend time at a hospital instead of jail, which Cristina doesnâ€™t care much for.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC): Repeat. The home of a police officer is redone.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. The case of a debutante killed in 1968 is reopened when the mother comes into the squad with new direction. This will be the showâ€™s new timeslot come fall.
Without a Trace (CBS): Repeat. A stay at home mom disappears and during the investigation she starts to look a lot less innocent than the agents are led to believe by her husband. This is the showâ€™s new timeslot for fall.
Emeril Live (Food Network): Repeat. Emeril is cooking bread tonight.
The 4400 (USA): New. Tom and Diana are confronted by their past when they get exposed to a drug designed by a 4400. Runs 61 minutes and plays again after House.
The Dead Zone (USA): New. A guy that once one the lottery after a chance encounter with Johnny is now broke. He tries to force Johnny to help him set everything right again. Plays again two hours later.
- Angelaâ€™s Eyes (Lifetime): New. Angela and her team investigate when a celebrity new personality is receiving death threats. On the personal side she is to be a bridesmaid in a college friendâ€™s wedding where once again her skill proves disastrous.
- Deadwood (HBO): New. A strategy to deal with Hearst is put together at the Gem.
- Entourage (HBO): New. Eric finds himself falling for a woman who is not Sloan after his adventure last week. Meanwhile Vince agrees to be auctioned off at Sloanâ€™s charity event and Ari reaches a settlement with his old agency.
- Fallen (ABC Family): Released 2006. ABC Family Original Movie starring Paul Wesley as a young man whom starts experiencing weird stuff after he turns 18. Also stars Tom Skerritt. They have been advertising this everywhere including the inside of my DVD mailers. Plays twice tonight.
- The Messengers (TLC): Series Premiere. Each of the 10 contestants from all walks off life competes to see who is the next great motivational speaker. The winner gets a book deal and their own TLC TV special. Over the course of the eight episodes each will spend 24 hours in the field. In the first episode they each live as a homeless person. Once they complete that task they build their motivational speech and give it. A couple of judges critique each and give feedback and the studio audience votes. One gets eliminated each week until there is only one remaining that becomes “The Messenger.” That is right it is American Idol for motivational speakers.
- Miss Universe 2006 Pageant (NBC): New. Hosted by Nancy O’Dell and Carlos Ponce with commentary by Carson Kressley and Miss USA 2004 Shandi Finnessey. Runs two hours. Airs live on the East Coast.
- Read It and Weep (Disney): Released 2006. A young girl writes her thoughts down in a journal and then accidentally turns it in at school. It ends up as a bestseller and she a minor celebrity too the chagrin of those she wrote about. Runs two hours.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesdayâ€™s episode where Tommy and Franco find out what Jerry has been doing on the side. Runs 63 minutes.
- ABC has British Open golf tournament coverage early with Tiger still in the lead by one stroke but with five golfers right behind.
- CBS has the American Le Mans Portland Grand Prix.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Atlanta Braves at the Philadelphia Phillies and IndyCar racing earlier in the day.
- ESPN2 has drag racing from up hear in my neck of the woods, Seattle. Earlier the U.S. Womenâ€™s Soccer Team plays Ireland.
- NBC has tennis and volleyball.
- OLN has Stage 20 of the Tour de France, which plays three times over the day.
- TNT has the NASCAR Pennsylvania 500 race.