The bottom two or three performances really stood out this week. They were Brandon Rogers, Jared Cotter and Sanjaya Malakar. Unfortunately, it looks like another of the three contestants from the Seattle area will be packing there bags like Amy Krebs last week. Even though Sanjaya was in the top four vote getters last week, he should definitely be one of the two leaving the show.
Sundance Head on the other hand really picked it up and showed why the judges picked him to be in this competition. It was about time, as he would not of lasted another week with a bad performance.
So, how did the 10 remaining guys performances rank this week? Well, letâ€™s see.
American Idol Season 6 â€“ Top 10 Men Performance Rankings:
- Blake Lewis â€“ I really liked his performance this week. After last weekâ€™s without the beat boxing, he used it a bit tonight. Yet, he didnâ€™t go over board with it and really sang great, as well. Randy liked it, Paula thought is was â€œsmartâ€ and â€œuniqueâ€ for this competition while Simon thought much of it was â€œa copycat performanceâ€ and was â€œvery disappointed.â€
- Chris Sligh â€“ He sang â€œTroubleâ€ and dedicated it to his very beautiful wife, who was present in the audience. He should really put out his tips on attracting a mate, cause that feat was even more impressive than his singing tonight. Randy â€œlikedâ€ it and Paula thought it was â€œreal awesome.â€ Simon thought he showed why they had picked him for this competition and is a â€œvery good singer.â€
- Chris Richardson â€“ He sang Jason Mraz’s â€œGeek in the Pinkâ€ and wanted to make clear that the performance, not the song, was dedicated to his grandmother. He pulled out the most contemporary piece of the night, which was a good thing. Randy thought he was â€œin it to win itâ€ while Simon thought it was the â€œbest tonight by a mile.â€ Given that he sang in the 9th spot last night that is pretty high praise from Mr. Cowell.
- Sundance Head â€“ Sundance gets himself back into the competition. He was my pick to leave last week and probably would have been gone this week had he not done well. Randy thought he was a â€œhot one,â€ Paula thought is was the â€œbest vocal from you weâ€™ve heardâ€ and Simon thought it was â€œa lot betterâ€ but also thinks he â€œcan do better.â€
- Nick Pedro â€“ Attempted to score points with his girlfriend, much as Chris did with his wife, by dedicating his song to her. He sang â€œYou Give Me Feverâ€ and did it quite well. Randy thought he finally had shown â€œthe Nick we loveâ€ while Simon thought his performance could use â€œmore charisma.â€
- A.J. Tabaldo â€“ Randy thought is was â€œkinda niceâ€ and Paula said he has a â€œreal, real, real, real good voice.â€ Simon thought is was â€œnearly very good.â€
- Phil Stacey â€“ He led the night off pretty well. He was just a bit worse than his performance last week. But, the competition really improved this week. Randy thought it â€œwas hotâ€ and Paula said she could â€œhear him right now on the radio.â€ Maybe that is why she seems off, she has a radio playing in her head that nobody else can hear. Simon thought is was â€œvery, very good karaokeâ€ and that he has an â€œunoriginal voice.â€
- Brandon Rogers â€“ Randy thought he â€œdidnâ€™t showâ€ enough of what he has while Paula said she â€œfelt your heart.â€ Simon would have none of this touchy-feely stuff and tried to remind everyone that it is a singing competition. He was just OK tonight.
- Jared Cotter â€“ Had the lamest move of the night with that hand drag across the face. Simonâ€™s characterization of his performances as something you would have seen on the â€œLove Boatâ€ in the lounge was right on. Randy â€œkinda liked it.â€ Paula told him that he â€œdidnâ€™t have to pushâ€ so much when he sings. Marvin Gaye he was not. He sang to â€œLetâ€™s Get It Onâ€ but I say it is time for him to get off, the show that is.
- Sanjaya Malakar â€“ Randy thought it was a â€œbad high school talent showâ€ and he was right on. Paula tried to be nice and told him he â€œstayed on pitch.â€ Simon pulled no punches, as usual, when he told him that it was â€œvery weakâ€ and â€œa little weird.â€ It was by far the worst performance of any of the guys so far.
I say Jared Cotter and Sanjaya Malakar will be the ones leaving, or at least the ones who should be leaving. Either Phil Stacey or Brandon Rogers could easily be on their way out as well. Who do you think had the best performance of the 10 remaining guys on American Idol Season 6? Who would you tell to pack their bags?