March has just begun and madness is in the air. College basketball teams are starting to wind down their regular seasons this weekend and some are beginning their conference tournaments. Then the selections will take place and the big tournament will begin. Will your favorite school make the cut?
NCIS (CBS): Repeat. The team tries to find the killer of two Marine wives.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. When a woman loses her fourth son to gang violence the detectives try to stop the cycle before her fifth son succumbs.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): Repeat. A former child star is found beaten to death and Logan and Wheeler investigate.
Building the Dream: The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy (ABC): Repeat. See the five-year process of Oprah getting a school built for girls in South Africa.
Head of State (ABC): Released 2003. Chris Rock as a presidential candidate. It has some funny moments but overall is not that good. Runs two hours.
Emeril Live (Food Network): Repeat. Emeril salutes the dairy farmer.
Robin Hood (BBC America): Series Premiere. This is the first of 13 episodes of this new telling of the Robin Hood story. It begins with Robin of Locksley returning from the crusades to find the people starving and being oppressed by the Sheriff of Nottingham.
Trading Spaces (TLC): New. A couple of master bedrooms get swapped and made over into romantic getaways.
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. Cary Elwes guest stars as a mob attorney whose family gets attacked and his son witnesses it.
- The Robber Bride (Oxygen): Released 2007. Based on the novel by Margaret Atwood and stars Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds) as journalist who disappears and one of her three former friends may have had something to do with it. Runs an hour and 45 minutes and plays twice.
- Sacrifices of the Heart (Hallmark Channel): Released 2007. Stars Melissa Gilbert as a New York lawyer who has separated herself from any relationship with her family. When contacted by her brother about their ailing father, she reluctantly heads home. The father is diagnosed with Alzheimerâ€™s. Much sadness and reconciliation takes place. Written by Patty Davis who is former President Ronald Reaganâ€™s daughter. Runs two hours and plays twice.
- ABC has college basketball.
- CBS has a college basketball tripleheader that includes UCLA at my Washington Huskies in the middle game.
- ESPN has four college basketball games throughout the day.
- ESPN2 has five college basketball games in a row.
- NBC has third round coverage of the Honda Classic golf tournament.
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. One of the sketches is a spoof of a Justin Timberlake music video.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. Jake Gyllenhaal was the host with musical guest the Shins.
- Talkshow With Spike Feresten (FOX): Repeat. The guest is Jason Alexander (Seinfeld).
What looks good to you tonight on TV?