Tonight is the series premiere of the new Holly Hunter drama, Saving Grace, on TNT. Also, tonight country music fans will find the CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock special on ABC. Tomorrow night is the series premiere of the great new Glenn Close legal thriller, Damages, on FX. And, next week is the second season premiere of My Boys on TBS. Its first season was very good. What looks good to you?
On another note, congratulations to Amy Finley on winning season three of The Next Food Network Star. I think she was the most deserving of the 11 wannabes, given their week-to-week performances. It was surprising that she didn’t make the original final two. So, it is nice to see that the voters went in her direction and we will see what The Gourmet Next Door has in store for us this fall.
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Repeat. Another chance to get a load of Barney’s awesome apartment in this rerun that has Lily moving in with Barney for few days. If only I had a wall big enough to have a TV like his.
The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS): Repeat. Christine finds out about a secret when she spends the night with Richard’s brother.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): Repeat. Jake gets left home alone for the first time while Charlie and Alan double date.
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Repeat. The “Swarley” episode replays. This was one of the best of last season. You gotta love “Swarles Barkley.”
CSI: Miami (CBS): Repeat. It looks like this is the episode where Delko gets shot in the head.
Everybody Hates Chris (The CW): Repeat. Tonight “Everybody Hates Superstition.”
All of Us (The CW): Repeat. Well, “It Was Fun While It Lasted.”
Hell’s Kitchen (FOX): New. The five remaining chefs are combined into one team.
Dateline NBC (NBC): New. Well, it was this or the second half of the country music special for the second best option in the last hour of primetime on network TV.
Kyle XY (ABC Family): New. Now having been warned by the late Baylin about Foss, Kyle starts to wonder who he can trust.
The Closer (TNT): New. The team gets some haz-mat training while working on the case of a possessive husband that looks to have killed a fitness trainer. It plays again later and again tomorrow night.
Saving Grace (TNT): Series Premiere. Holly Hunter plays a hard living Oklahoma City police detective named Grace Hanadarko. In the first episode the police are searching for a missing girl. Plays again late Thursday night.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Sunday night’s episode, “Only the Lonely,” replays.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Tonight is a Diner centric episode. Plays again later.
- Good Eats (Food Network): New. Alton gets a little fishy. Plays again later.
- Heartland (TNT): New. The show moves to its new timeslot before The Closer making room for the series premiere of Saving Grace in its old slot after.
- The Secret Life Of … (Food Network): New. Get a look at the history of bread. Plays again later.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. Get a look behind some of your favorite apple foods. Plays again later.
- ESPN2 has Monday Night Baseball with the Boston Red Sox at the Cleveland Indians.
- Versus has the Tour de France, Stage 15 multiple times today.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Old Friends,” replays.
- Monk (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Mr. Monk and the Rapper,” replays with guest star Snoop Dog.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Sixty Five Million Years Off,” replays.
Bravo has six episodes of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List today. Tomorrow night is the season finale.
MTV has five episodes of Re-Made early.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Stargate Atlantis early.
TNT has six episodes of Law & Order leading up to Heartland at its new time.
Travel Channel has six episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations today.
VH1 has five episodes of Fabulous Life Of … today.
Subscribe to Tonight on the Tube via email and keep up with all the good stuff on TV.