There is more good stuff than should be aloud on TV at the same time these days on Sunday nights. I am not talking about all the repeats on the networks, but all the new stuff on cable. Cable really has started to out do networks in the quality of shows department. Like, one of the best sitcoms to come out in the last year, My Boys. It has its second season premiere tomorrow night on TBS. If you didn’t get a chance to watch the first season, it plays early this morning in its entirety and is also available online at the TBS website. Next week, The Company miniseries premieres on TNT.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Homer is helped by Santa’s Little Helper to escape a corn maze when he gets lost and then the dog gets into the police-dog academy. Runs 30 minutes. Have you seen The Simpsons Movie yet? It was really excellent.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. This is the one where they focused on the guys and had good ole dead Rex Van De Camp do the narration.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): Repeat. It is Valentine’s Day and the Senator and Kitty are finding it hard to avoid each other. Nora gets busted with and old friend.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC): Repeat. A family has been living with the grandmother in her trailer and now they are getting a place of their own.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. The secret to what a got a teenager killed and dumped in a trash bin is revealed during the investigation.
Shark (CBS): Repeat. A young prosecutor with a wife dies in a car with a known prostitute and Stark tries to save his reputation while still prosecuting the case.
Side Order of Life (Lifetime): New. While Jenny and Ian’s engagement may be off, it isn’t stopping them from getting together. Meanwhile, another one of Vivy’s close friends comes to visit and leaves Jenny jealous of her time with Vivy. Plays again later.
The 4400 (USA): New. Collier’s movement goes forward while Shawn is having a bit of trouble in is run for office. Runs 61 minutes and plays again later.
Entourage (HBO): New. Bets are being taken on the romantic prospects of Turtle and E, while Ari is bummed about his kid having to go to public school. Runs 30 minutes.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Roland is surprised by Joan’s return. Denise doesn’t show up for a party for Maj. Weatherly and Claudia Joy gets an earful about the relationship of Lenore Baker and her husband. Plays again later.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. The “Pilot” episode replays tonight and again late night tomorrow. The next episode airs on Tuesday night. Read the review, as this is really a very good show and worth checking out if you haven’t as of yet. Runs 65 minutes. Right now, this episode is also available for free at .
- The Dead Zone (USA): New. It looks like things are starting to look up for Johnny and then they aren’t. Plays again later.
- Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. This time it is a princess cake challenge, where competitors have to build cakes in the likeness of a Disney Princess. Plays again later. Also, later is a replay of “The Simpsons Cake Challenge” competition.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Ben Ford challenges Iron Chef Bobby Flay. Plays again later.
- The Kill Point (Spike): New. A wealthy businessman with a daughter in the bank is getting in the way of the police. Plays twice. Premiere plays earlier in the day and again in late night.
- State of Mind (Lifetime): New. Ann has trouble counseling a woman who once gave up her baby. Plays again later.
- ABC has Arena Bowl XXI.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Detroit Tigers at the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, which is the dumbest name in pro sports.
- Versus has Tour de France, Stage 20, which plays a couple more time later.
- The Kill Point (Spike): Repeat. The two-hour premiere replays.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Ladies Room,” replays. It also plays earlier in the day.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “Balance,” replays. Runs 65 minutes.
A&E has six hours of Gene Simmons Family Jewels tonight.
Bravo has five episodes of Top Chef today.
Discovery Channel is all sharks, all the time today, as “Shark Week” begins.
Spike has six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
TBS plays all 13 episodes from the first season of My Boys early. Season two kicks off tomorrow night with two new episodes.