News & Notes
There sure isn’t much on the networks, so your overall best bets tonight will definitely be found in the Cable Choices.
Pretty Woman (ABC): Released 1990. Richard Gere as a businessman that hires a hooker, played by Julia Roberts, to be his escort while in LA for a week. She accepts and romantic dramedy ensues. Runs three hours.
Super Bowl’s Greatest Commercials 2008 (CBS): New Special. Top 10 fan selected commercials from past Super Bowls.
48 Hours Mystery (CBS): Repeat. Investigative reports.
48 Hours Mystery (CBS): New. The story of a child that spent 17 years in jail after killing his parents is reported on.
Jeff Dunham: Arguing With Myself (Comedy Central): Repeat. The comic ventriloquist performs. This guy is one of the best and his cast of characters is nothing short of hilarious.
Torchwood (BBC America): Season Premiere. This is most definitely the best bet of the night. Last season was a lot of fun, even if it did go a bit over-the-top in the finale. In the series’ return, Capt. Jack Harkness has also returned from somewhere, but he isn’t telling the rest of the team where he has been.
Trading Spaces (TLC): Season Premiere. The show returns for a new season with Paige Davis back as host, but the show will be a bit different. Now instead of close friends redoing each other’s places, it is opposites. Like this week, it’s an “Ex-Wife vs. Ex-Husband.” They will redo each other’s bedrooms. You probably won’t see too many fights with the designers when they want to do something on the outrageous side with this type of setup. Plays again later.
- 7 Things To Do Before I’m 30 (Lifetime): Premiere. A down on her luck woman realizes that she is about to turn 30 and never completed one item on a list goals she wanted to reach by that time. Runs two hours.
- MythBusters (Discovery Channel): Repeat. The “Lead Balloon” episode from Wednesday replays. Replays again later.
- Rachael’s Vacations (Food Network): New. Two new episodes play, where Rachael travels to Barcelona and then Latin America. Both episodes play again later.
- ABC has Winter X Games coverage.
- CBS has third round coverage of the Buick Invitational golf tournament with Tiger Woods up four stokes on the field after the first two day.
- ESPN starts their college basketball coverage off with Gonzaga at Memphis followed by Texas A&M at Oklahoma State then Wisconsin at Purdue and finally Georgetown at West Virginia. That is followed by Winter X Games coverage.
- ESPN2 has three college basketball games over the course of the day.
- NBA TV has the New Orleans Hornets at the San Antonio Spurs.
- NBC has coverage of the U.S. Figure Skating Championships during the day and in primetime.
- Versus has college basketball with UNLV at San Diego State and later the NHL YoungStars Game & SuperSkills Competition, which replays again tonight.
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. Kathy Griffin was the special guest.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. Hosted by Jon Bon Jovi with musical guest Foo Fighters.
- Talkshow With Spike Feresten (FOX): New. Bryan Cranston from the new AMC show Breaking Bad is his guest.
BET has 26 episodes of The Jaime Foxx Show.
Discovery Home has seven episodes of Holmes on Homes early.
G4 has 16 episodes of Cheaters early.
History Channel has seven episodes of Ancient Discoveries.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
NFL Network has half hour episodes about past Super Bowls most of the day.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Hits of the ‘90s.
What will you be watching tonight?