News & Notes
Over on cable, Sci Fi has the season finale of Flash Gordon and TLC has the season premiere of What Not to Wear.
Enter to win a free One Tree Hill Season Four DVD set. All you have to do is leave a comment on that post and you could win one of two sets being given away.
It looks like WWE SmackDown and The CW are parting ways at the end of the season. They were unable to come to a deal. Wrestling has been a Friday night staple, previously on UPN, for the last 10 years. No word on where it could end up next season. It looks like The CW is going to need another couple of hours of new programming to fill the airwaves next season.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): Repeat. The Halloween episode replays, where Meredith thinks she is being haunted by her dead mother’s ashes, Cristina gets snubbed and Alex gets a visitor.
Friday Night Lights (NBC): Season Finale. Brian is willing to do whatever it takes to get a football scholarship. Tami runs into her old high school boyfriend, who is now quite well to do. Jason is trying to figure out how far he is willing to go to change things up completely. Tim is still pursuing Lyla. I sure hope this is not the last episode of the series and we get to visit Dillon again next season. It sure would suck if a strike-shortened season is the way things end, for what is one of the best shows on TV right now.
Las Vegas (NBC): New. Terry Bradshaw (FOX NFL Sunday) guest stars as a gambler on a hot streak that seems to good to be true, which has Danny, Mike and Cooper keeping a close eye on him. Two episodes remain after tonight.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. The fifth episode from season one, “A Boy in a Bush,” replays, where the remains of a young boy are identified.
House (FOX): Repeat. This episode from season two, “Sleeping Dogs Lie,” has the team debating ethics while trying to treat the patient.
Numb3rs (CBS): Repeat. Episode four, “Thirteen,” from this season replays, where a killer is leaving Bible verses and numerological clues at the crime scenes.
Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): Season Finale. Terek is leading the revolution and takes over Ming, but starts his own rule of terror. Plays again later.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Repeats. First up, Guy searches out places with great “Burgers, Rings and Fries.” Then “Real Deal BBQ” joints are visited. Both episodes replay again later.
Psych (USA): Shawn and Gus have to go undercover as male models to solve a murder of a prominent designer during Fashion Week. Plays again later. Next Friday is the season finale.
- Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. An ugly and loud water sculpture brings tensions to Wisteria Lane.
- Moonlight (CBS): Repeat. Episode five, “Arrested Development,” replays, where Mick is trying to find a teen vamp that his killing girls he meets online.
- Paula’s Party (Food Network): New. Paula is having a “Chocolate Party” tonight. Plays again later.
- Stargate Atlantis (Sci Fi): New. Carter, McKay and Dr. Keller go off-world and get trapped in an old mine underground. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Outcast,’ replays right before.
- What Not to Wear (TLC): Season Premiere. A single mom gets the makeover treatment before beginning to date again. Plays again later.
- ESPN has a NBA doubleheader with the Boston Celtics at the Minnesota Timberwolves followed by the Washington Wizards at the Denver Nuggets.
- ESPN2 has Friday Night Fights.
- Golf Channel has second round coverage of the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.
- Versus has Davis Cup: Austria vs. United States tennis action.
- House (USA): Repeat. The Christmas episode that played the Tuesday before the Super Bowl replays, where a woman loses feeling he both her hands ends up in the hospital and House has his team participating in a gift exchange.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): Repeat. Tuesday’s episode, “Lulu Grandiron,” replays.
MTV has eight episodes of Beauty and the Geek.
Oxygen has 11 episodes of The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Doctor Who early.
Versus has 16 episodes of The Best and Worst of Tred Barta tonight.
What will you be watching on TV tonight?