News & Notes
In returning shows news for Thursdays, ABC will be back with new Ugly Betty and Grey’s Anatomy in April/May, CBS will have more CSI and Without a Trace, see Other Options below for more info, The CW will have more Smallville and Supernatural, see Prime Picks and Solid Selections below for more info, and NBC will have new episodes of My Name Is Earl as of April 3rd and 30 Rock, The Office, Scrubs and ER as of April 10th.
Smallville (The CW): New. Lex has found the amnesiac Kara in Detroit and Lois has followed him there. Lois and Kara end up being held hostage. There will be three pre-strike episodes remaining after tonight, which are presently scheduled to air in March. It looks like they will be shooting five more to air sometime in April and May.
Lost (ABC): New. Sayid and Kate want to get Ben from Locke and try to convince him to turn him over, seeing it as their best chance to get off the island. Runs 62 minutes. After tonight, there will be five pre-strike episodes remaining. They are looking at shooting five more episodes to air sometime in April and May. This season was originally going to be 16 episodes, but will now only be 13. The three missing hours will be added in over the course of the final two seasons.
Eli Stone (ABC): New. Eli ends up going up against his fiancée after his visions push him to take the case of a National Guard specialist that is suing her ex-husband. Really liking this show so far.
Lost (ABC): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “Confirmed Dead,” replays.
Supernatural (The CW): New. Sam is reliving the same day over and over again. Love these types of episodes when done well. One pre-strike episode remains after tonight. Four or five new episodes will be shot for air in April and May. Check out a clip from tonight’s episode below. (If you are reading this via email or RSS, you may need to click to the site to view the video.)
Lipstick Jungle (NBC): New. Victory is going through a downsizing at her company. Wendy learns of a book that shows her to be good in business, but bad as a mother. Lorraine Bracco (The Sopranos) guest-stars as the author.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeat. Alton makes doughnuts. Mmmm. Donuts. Plays again later.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): Repeat. A lasagna battle is waged. Plays again later.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): Repeat. Sunday’s episode with Chef Alex Stupak putting Iron Chef Cat Cora to the test replays. Plays again later.
Ace of Cakes (Food Network): Repeat. A Taj Mahal wedding cake is made. Plays again later.
Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. Duff and the gang make a cake that resembles the Georgetown University Hoyas mascot. Plays again later.
- American Chopper (TLC): New. The guys start work on a bike for an outdoor-lifestyle company. Plays again later.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): Repeat. The team is investigating the murder of an adult horror movie star, who is found dead on set. They are looking at filming six more episodes for this season, which will begin airing April 3rd.
- Friends (TBS): Repeats. Three Valentine’s Day themed episodes play. First up is “The One With the Candy Hearts” and fireman. Second is “The One With the Unagi,” which is one of the TVaholic’s all-time favorite episodes. Lastly, “The One With the Birthing Video.”
- Without a Trace (CBS): Repeat. The team searches for an ultimate fighter that has gone missing after he one his latest match. Six more episodes are to be filmed and will begin airing on April 3rd.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball with North Carolina State at Boston College followed by Michigan at Iowa.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball with Rutgers at West Virginia followed by Fordham at Massachusetts.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action with the Miami Heat at the Chicago Bulls followed by the Dallas Mavericks at the Phoenix Suns.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Black and Tan: A Crime of Fashion,” replays. Season finale is this Friday.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of Roseanne.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of The Outer Limits early.
What will you be watching tonight?