News & Notes
On cable tonight, BBC America has the fifth season finale of Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares, Comedy Central has the second season premiere of Lil’ Bush, and VH1 has the sixth season premiere of Celebrity Fit Club.
In returning shows news, it looks like NBC’s ER will be back for another season next fall, as will there other Thursday night medical show, Scrubs. Although, that one may be appearing on ABC next season instead.
Comment and win up to 150 Pepsi Stuff Points. That’s enough points to download 30 DRM-Free MP3s at Amazon.
Smallville (The CW): New. Pete makes a return appearance and after chewing some super-kryptonite-gum he gets some special powers.
Lost (ABC): New. Sun is thinking about moving to Locke’s camp, but Juliet tells Jin about what happens to pregnant women on the island. Meanwhile, Desmond and Sayid are meeting the ships crew and coming to a fuller understanding of what it is they are actually doing. Runs 62 minutes.
Eli Stone (ABC): New. Eli is trying to get used to his new lower position at the law firm. Maggie gets her first shot at being the lead counsel on a case with Eli as second chair. George Michael makes an appearance. Really liking this show. It is like a cross between Ally McBeal and Wonderfalls, but with a male lead.
Lost (ABC): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “The Other Woman,” replays, where we get a Juliet flashback.
Reaper (The CW): New. Well, at least it is new and getting a chance to feed off its Smallville lead-in.
Lipstick Jungle (NBC): New. Last week was the first episode of this show that I actually liked. More like that and less like the first few and they may have something. There was actually enough fun stuff to go along with the serious drama aspects, giving it a much more satisfying balance that didn’t make you depressed at the end. In this episode, Nico and Wendy are off to Scotland on business and Victory is becoming a bit suspicious of her new investor.
Friends (TBS): Repeats. First up is “The One With Joey’s Dirty Day,” where he uses guest star Charlton Heston’s shower and then is “The One With All the Rugby,” where Ross is trying to impress Emily.
American Chopper (TLC): New. A staff shortage is causing problems at the shop as they try and build a bike for Klipsch. Plays again later.
Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. Sunday’s episode, “A No-Rough-Stuff Type Deal,” replays, where Walter decides to fully embrace his new life after a PTA meeting. Begins on the half-hour in the third hour of primetime after the end of In the Line of Fire and then plays again later. Check out a clip from tonight’s episode below. (RSS and eMail readers may need to click to the site to view the video)
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. A tuning fork cake and a cocktail themed cake are among the many cakes made this week. Plays again later.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): Repeat. It’s a Lady Heather episode with Melinda Clarke (The O.C.) reprising the role, as somebody has made an attempt on her life.
- My Name Is Earl (NBC): Repeats. Earl tries to escape after finding out that the warden destroyed his early release papers and then he finds life outside of jail to be hard.
- Without a Trace (CBS): Repeat. A missing mall Santa Claus may be using his genius for nefarious purposes.
- ESPN has Big East conference tournament action all day.
- ESPN2 has ACC, Big Ten and Big 12 conference tournament action all day.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action with the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Washington Wizards followed by the Golden State Warriors at the Phoenix Suns.
Bravo has five episodes of The Millionaire Matchmaker early and later six episodes of Make Me a Supermodel.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of Living Single.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Stargate SG-1 early.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Songs of the ‘80s.
It is time to get Lost with Eli Stone in the Lipstick Jungle outside of Smallville tonight. What will you be watching?