News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has Boston Legal on its new night, CBS has the return of The Price Is Right Million Dollar Spectacular, and The CW has the series premiere of Farmer Wants a Wife.
Over on cable, Comedy Central has the first season finale of Lewis Black’s Root of All Evil and Sci Fi has the spring finale of Ghost Hunters.
Bold Italic Items signify what shows the TVaholic is watching, or recording, or watching on demand, etc., tonight. Let me know what you will be watching tonight in the comments. Let’s find out if you watch more or less than the TVaholic? Since this is the first week in a while that everything is new, I thought it would be fun to add this to this week’s posts.
‘Til Death (FOX): New. Eddie is getting in touch with his sensitive side after he realizes that he gets more emotional over sporting events than when remembering big moments in his life.
Back to You (FOX): New. Gracie is trying to deal with her newfound knowledge that Chuck is her dad. Chuck and Kelly are remembering that fateful night their daughter was conceived.
Criminal Minds (CBS): New. The team heads to Miami in search of a serial killer with a conflicted sexual identity.
CSI: NY (CBS): New. The death of a high school guidance counselor is investigated, while the “Taxi Cab Killer” is still on the loose.
The Price Is Right Million Dollar Spectacular (CBS): New. The classic game show with new host Drew Carey gives contestants a chance to win a million dollars at some point during the show.
Farmer Wants a Wife (The CW): Series Premiere. You can read my full review, but basically this is The Bachelor on a farm with the added fish-out-of water scenario of city girls on a farm. Given the competition in this time period, this is the second best option. As stated in my review, just because I would rather watch this than Supernanny, Deal or No Deal, or the American Idol results show, doesn’t mean I will be. Will you?
Law & Order (NBC): New. This is the first episode with Anthony Anderson (K-Ville) as the new detective in the squad, after being introduced last week during Jesse L. Martin’s final episode.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Find out how to make the perfect yellow cake and then some tasty butter cream frosting. Both episodes play again later.
MI-5 (BBC America): New. Episode eight from the third season, “Outsiders” plays. These episodes are new to BBC America, but you may have seen them on A&E at some point. The show is known as Spooks in the UK and the few episodes I have seen of the first couple of seasons were really good.
Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS): Repeats. The second two of four repeat episodes replay tonight in this timeslot.
- Boston Legal (ABC): New. Denny gets hired by a cattle rancher to sue the FDA, as the show moves into its new night and time. ABC has given Women’s Murder Club its former Tuesday night slot for the next few weeks.
- John Ratzenberger’s Made in America (Travel Channel): New. John visits Marathon Petroleum and the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- MythBusters (Discovery Channel): Repeat. The “MacGyver Myths” episode replays. Plays again later.
- ESPN has Wednesday Night Baseball with the Milwaukee Brewers at the Chicago Cubs.
- ESPN2 has Wednesday Night Fights with a light middleweight bout scheduled for 10 rounds.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA playoff action with the Washington Wizards at the Cleveland Cavaliers followed by the Atlanta Hawks at the Boston Celtics.
- Versus has doubleheader NHL playoff action with the Montreal Canadiens at the Philadelphia Flyers followed by the San Jose Sharks at the Dallas Stars.
A&E has five episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.
Bravo has eight episodes of Top Chef.
Oxygen has 11 episodes of Living Single.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Flash Gordon early.