News & Notes
On cable tonight, Showtime has the fourth season finale of Weeds and TNT has the fourth summer season finale of The Closer.
Check out what I’ll be watching on Mondays this Fall and let me know what you’ll be watching.
Premiering next Monday, ABC has Dancing With the Stars and Boston Legal, CBS has The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, Worst Week and CSI: Miami, and NBC has Heroes.
In other news, Sci Fi starts replaying the first season of Lost on Monday nights with the first four hours of the series this week and the next four the following week.
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (FOX): New. Sarah and Cameron are checking out a nuclear power plant. John is starting to not like the academic side of school, but meets a new friend. Catherine Weaver gets a hold of another piece of info for her pet project.
Prison Break (FOX): New. To get at the next card key, Lincoln, Michael and Sucre have to attend a police benefit. T-Bag runs into some old friends on the first day of his new job.
CSI: Miami (CBS): Repeat. Someone is trying to take down the team and Horatio puts his life on the line to stop it, in last season’s finale episode, “Going Ballistic.” Season seven premieres next week.
Gossip Girl (The CW): New. It’s a citywide blackout, which forces many people to be together when they don’t want to be. Blair wants to know why there is no passion in her relationship with Marcus. Nate is trying to deal with Catherine and Vanessa. This is another great episode of this show.
One Tree Hill (The CW): New. Lucas is back from Vegas to deal with the tragedy and everyone is trying to help Jaime understand what happened.
Batman Begins (ABC): Released 2005. Watching the last hour of this is preferable to watching Dateline NBC in the third hour of primetime.
The Closer (TNT): Repeat. Last Monday’s episode, “Tijuana Brass,” replays.
The Closer (TNT): Summer Season Finale. The newly formed Major Crimes Division is trying to find a bomb before it goes off. Plays again later. Look for new episodes in January. How great was it last week when Brenda took advantage of the situation and bumped herself up a notch at the expense of Commander Taylor?
Raising the Bar (TNT): New. Jerry is order to find an in-patient facility for his mentally ill client. Plays again later.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “???,” replays.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): Repeat. Leonard finally works up the nerve to ask out Penny and both of them turn to Sheldon for advice on what to do, in last season’s finale episode, “The Tangerine Factor.” Season two premieres next week.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy gives you “A Taste of Everywhere,” as he explores places with an international flare. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- How’d That Get on My Plate? (Food Network): New. Sunny head to Gilroy, Californian to find out about “Garlic” and the different ways it ends up being used. Plays again later.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Repeat. Ted re-evaluates his life after an accident, in last season’s finale episode, “Miracles.” Season four premieres next week.
- The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS): Repeat. Barb gets Christine to start worrying about taking things to the next level with Mr. Harris, in “The Big Bang” from this past season. Season four premieres Wednesday, September 24th.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS): Repeat. A mysterious death at Charlie’s is investigated by a team of CSIs, in “Fish in a Drawer” from this past season. This episode was written by the CSI writers. Look for the episode of CSI that was written by the Two and a Half Men writers to replay this Thursday.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. “Red Hot” foods are explored. Plays again later. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Weeds (Showtime): Season Finale. “If You Work for a Living, Why Do You Kill Yourself Working?” Shane wants to know where his mom is and what she does. Plays again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Football action with the Philadelphia Eagles at the Dallas Cowboys.
- Monk (USA): Repeat. Last Fridays episode, “Mr. Monk Is Hypnotized,” replays.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, ” Gus Walks Into a Bank,” replays.
Bravo has eight episodes of Project Runway.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Roseanne.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Kindred: The Embraced.
Travel Channel has eight episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.