News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the series premiere of Opportunity Knocks and part two of the season premiere of Dancing With the Stars, CBS has the sixth season premiere of NCIS, the series premiere of The Mentalist and the seventh season premiere of Without a Trace, and NBC has the 10th season premiere of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Over on cable, E! has the first season finale of Pam: Girl on the Loose, MTV has a From G’s to Gents reunion special, Sci Fi has the third summer season finale of Eureka, and WE has the fourth season finale of The Secret Lives of Women.
What will you be watching on Tuesdays this Fall? Check out what I’ll be watching on Tuesdays.
Everything but Eli Stone on ABC will have premiered on the networks as of tonight.
House (FOX): New. This is a great episode. The team is trying to figure out what is killing people that all received donor parts from the same person. House starts to tryout other people as a replacement best friend, while having a private investigator investigate Wilson.
Fringe (FOX): New. A bus full of fossilized commuters is investigated by the team, during which they come across a man that sees pattern related events happen before they actually do.
Without a Trace (NBC): Season Premiere. A man who has a missing daughter that has yet to be found has gone missing. The team investigates whether his desire to help another couple with a missing child has anything to do with it. Steven Weber (Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Wings) guests as the new boss.
NCIS (CBS): Season Premiere. Gibbs is investigating the murder of a naval officer and finds a connection between it and the new director’s reason for disbanding his team. I have been looking forward to the return of this, as I want to know whether they are going to go down the House route or bring the team back together relatively quickly.
The Mentalist (CBS): Series Premiere. A consultant to the California Bureau of Investigation and the team he is attached to, investigate the double homicide that looks like it could be the work of a serial killer they have been tracking for many years. Read my review and find out why I like this so much.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Season Premiere. A foster child that has been abused is caught driving a getaway van and it leads to the team reopening a rape case. Sara Gilbert (Roseanne) is a guest star.
Lincoln Heights (ABC Family): New. Cassie and Charles have sex. Lizzie is being recruited by a private school. The Suttons make friends with a reverend and his family. Plays again later.
Eureka (Sci Fi): Summer Season Finale. It’s time to go “From Fear to Eternity,” where know who to trust after a discovery from Eureka’s past is brought to light. Plays again later. The previous episode, “Here Comes the Suns,” replays right before.
The Shield (FX): New. The gang war that has been started starts to get out of Vics control. Runs 65 minutes. Plays again later.
- 90210 (The CW): New. It is almost opening night and Ty lets Annie in on his plan for an after party of two. Dixon helps Silver with backstage preparations. Naomi tries to keep her parents together. And, unless Kelly Taylor is on screen, I find myself kind of bored with this show.
- The Cleaner (A&E): New. The father of a gifted piano player that has started doing meth comes to William for help. Plays twice and again later twice.
- Food Detectives (Food Network): New. The health risks surrounding bar snacks are tested. Plays again later.
- Greek (ABC Family): New. The pledges at Kappa Tau decide that it is time to fight back against the actives on how they are treated. Evan tries to help a failing brother. Plays again late night tomorrow.
- Privileged (The CW): New. Rose is told she may have to repeat her freshman year, so Megan sets a meeting with the headmaster. Meanwhile, Sage and Rose blow off another tutoring session to go to a party. Megan accepts a date with the headmaster and continues to be completely oblivious to a jealous Charlie. I am really liking this show, as it is quickly becoming my favorite show on The CW.
- Road Tasted With the Neelys (Food Network): New. Places in Rhode Island are visited. Plays again later.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader WNBA playoff action .
- Raising the Bar (TNT): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Richie Richer,” replays.
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “Fun Town,” replays.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Wolf Lake early.
Spike has 15 episodes of CSI: NY.
TNT has five episodes of Law & Order tonight.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Songs of the ’90s.