News & Notes
Over on cable, BBC America has the first season finale of Gavin & Stacy, MTV has the series premiere of Paris Hilton’s My New BFF, and Sci Fi has the third fall season premiere of Scare Tactics.
In late night, Discovery Channel has the first season finale of Into the Unknown With Josh Bernstein
Listen to episode two, “Old Faces, New Places,” of the TV times Three podcast, where we talked about whether or not we have any difficulties in accepting actors in new roles after having really loved them in a previous role. I think it turned into an interesting discussion. Would love to hear from listeners about this week’s topic.
House (FOX): New. An artist has come down with something that is messing with his perception. House is still having the PI looking into the members of his team. I watched the first two episodes of this season so long ago that I am glad to finally have another new episode to watch.
Fringe (FOX): New. The team is investigating an explosion in New York City and Olivia may have found a commonality between events.
Without a Trace (NBC): New. A new executive at a high-end clothier is taken after a rooftop party.
NCIS (CBS): New. The investigation of a Navy officer’s suicide turns into a much bigger case and may be connected to something much larger. So glad the team is back together and really liked the twist ending, even though you pretty much saw it coming.
The Mentalist (CBS): New. The team is investigating the murder of a young waitress and Jane uses Van Pelt as bait, as he sets up his own undercover operation.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): New. A teen admits to having pedophiliac feelings and then goes missing. His father is questioned.
Lincoln Heights (ABC Family): New. Lund is being driven to drink. Jen is unhappy by a new appointment at the clinic. Lizzie isn’t liking her new school. Plays again later.
Greek (ABC Family): New. The ZBZs are heading to the national sorority convention. An engineering program party gets out of control. Plays again late night tomorrow.
The Shield (FX): New. An old nemesis of Claudette’s comes to town. Vic gets into it with Olivia. Runs 69 minutes. Plays again later.
- 90210 (The CW): New. Naomi is still trying to get her parents back together and things don’t go well. Annie gets offered an audition from independent film producer. Kelly starts to question having a relationship with Ryan after a phone call.
- The Cleaner (A&E): New. A brother discovers his sister, who is an aspiring actress, has a cocaine problem. Plays twice and again later.
- Food Detectives (Food Network): New. More food myths debunked. Plays again later.
- Privileged (The CW): New. Megan finds some adult DVDs in Rose’s possession and then finds out something that even shocks her more. Sage invites Lily out to try and get some dirt on Megan.
- ESPN2 has college football action with Florida Atlantic at Middle Tennessee State.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Six Month Leave,” replays.
- Raising the Bar (TNT): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Bagels & Locks,” replays.
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “Patch Over,” replays.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Jake 2.0 early.
Spike has 18 episodes of Married…With Children.
TNT has five episodes of Law & Order tonight.