News & Notes
Over on cable, Cartoon Network has the first season finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, HGTV has the first season finale of The Unsellables, Sci Fi has the series finale of Battlestar Galactica, and Starz has the third season premiere of Head Case and the series premiere of Party Down.
DVD Giveaway: Mr. Belvedere Seasons One & Two DVD set. Just follow the link and leave on comment on that page with your favorite memory of the show to enter.
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (FOX): New. We get to see the outcome of Jesse’s submarine mission in the future she came back from and why she doesn’t like relying on any metal. Runs 61 minutes.
Friday Night Lights (NBC): New. Buddy finally has to let Lyla in on his financial troubles. J.D. McCoy meets a girl at school and his father thinks it will make him lose his focus on football.
Dateline NBC (NBC): New. NBC investigates and reports. No Numb3rs tonight because of basketball and since 20/20 is a repeat, this gets bumped up. But, you should really be watching the Battlestar Galactica series finale over on cable any way.
Everybody Hates Chris (The CW): New. Chris accidentally hits Greg while test-driving the janitor’s car. Runs 30 minutes.
Dollhouse (FOX): New. Agent Ballard meets Echo face to face for the first time in what is being touted as the end all, be all of episodes. The ad says that this is the episode you will never forget, but you might just remember it because it doesn’t live up to the hype, but I really hope it does. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
20/20 (ABC): Repeat. ABC investigates and reports.
Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “Daybreak, Part 1,” replays. Plays again later.
Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi): Series Finale. “Daybreak, Part 2″ is the last one and they say we are going to get answers, I sure hope so. Runs two hours and 11 minutes. The previous 11 episodes and Battlestar Galactica: The Last Frakkin’ Special replay leading up to a replay of last week’s episode, “Daybreak, Part 1,” which is followed by the finale episode. Last week’s episode and tonight’s finale both play again later.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Grilled,” replays.
- Head Case (Starz): Season Premiere. This improvised comedy is back for its third season with Dr. Goode doling out her brand of therapy. Lots of familiar faces have appointments for therapy.
- Mistresses (BBC America): New. Katie is worried about how Sam took her confession. Alex rejects Jessica. Trudi finds something out that is truly terrible. Plays again later.
- Party Down (Starz): Series Premiere. Created by Rob Thomas, the guy that brought us Veronica Mars, it is the story of a group of caters in Los Angeles made up of wannabe actors, failed actors, and other aspiring artists looking for their big break. I’ve seen this episode and the show is pretty good, liked subsequent episodes better. You will see many familiar faces in the main cast and guest starring. This is premium cable, so pretty much anything goes and does.
- ESPN2 has Friday Night Fights with a featherweight bout scheduled for 12 rounds.
- NBA TV has the Boston Celtics at the San Antonio Spurs.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. This past Wednesday’s episode, “London. Of Course,” replays.
- House (USA): Repeat. The episode, “The Social Contract,” from a couple weeks ago on FOX replays, where House thinks Wilson and Taub are keeping something from him and the patient has a problem that has him saying whatever comes into his mind.
Oxygen has five episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Sci Fi has 14 season four episodes of Battlestar Galactica including the “Last Frakkin’ Special” and the series finale.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Songs of the ’80s.