News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the series premiere of In the Motherhood and the return of Samantha Who?, CBS has coverage of the NCAA Basketball Championship tournament, and FOX has the American Idol results show on a special night.
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has the first season finale of Treasure Quest, HGTV has the first season finale of The Property Shop, and TLC has the second season finale of Street Customs.
I am scheduled to be on TV Talk with Shaun OMac today at about 4:00 p.m. PT, give or take a few minutes, along with Amrie from Seat42f, among other places. The show starts at 3:00 p.m. PT and runs two hours. Kate O’Hare of Hot Cuppa TV is usually on in the first hour. You can listen live or later or download it on .
The winner of the Mr. Belvedere Seasons One & Two DVD set giveaway was notified today.
Smallville (The CW): New. Chloe wishes that she could be more like Lois and then a mysterious magician switches their bodies.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Izzie is to undergo a very difficult surgery. Cristina is hurt during one of Owen’s PTSD episodes. Runs 62 minutes.
Private Practice (ABC): New. Pete starts dating a single mother, which makes Violet jealous. Addison continues to try and stay away from Noah. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
In the Motherhood (ABC): Series Premiere. Well, the show that follows this is the one worth recommending, well sort of, I’ll explain below. I’m not exactly this show’s target audience, but I found it to not be very funny. The cast is great, but the comedy is not. I laughed once, at a line delivered by one of the mothers’ young son at his school. It was excellent and well setup, but that was it.
Samantha Who? (ABC): New. I really like this show, but not so much this episode. The B-story with the emailing with a soldier was pretty good, but the main story wasn’t this go around. Yet, I look forward to next week, cause overall this show has been pretty steady on the comedy front.
The Office (NBC): New. Last week had one of the all time great endings of an episode of this series and I can’t wait to see how things turn out. The office gets a new copier, which Pam finds challenging to work with. Runs 31 minutes.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Jack is planning a party for his 50th birthday. An old boyfriend of Liz stirs things up between her and Jenna. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes.
ER (NBC): New. The doctors and nurses are helping out with a camp for kids that have had open-heart surgery. A woman that abandoned her kid at the ER comes back for the child.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton attempts to see if he has the “Chops” to be a “Scrap Iron Chef.” Both episodes play again later.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): Repeat. Chef Ken Oringer taking on Iron Chef Cat Cora replays. Plays again later.
Being Erica (SOAPnet): New. Erica tries to stop Sam and Josh from ever getting together on this trip back. Plays again Saturday afternoon and again late night Sunday.
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. Duff and the gang make a fortune cookie cake. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- American Idol (FOX): New. Find out which of the top 10 is going home.
- The Beast (A&E): New. Apparently, this was new last week, but not the week before and the episode I mentioned last week actually plays tonight and the one from two weeks ago played last week. Way to confuse the audience, especially when all the guides had it listed as having new episodes the last two weeks. I keep up with TV on a daily basis and I was confused and lost track of what was playing when. Anyway, it looks like this week Barker and Ellis get into a high stakes poker game for a case. Plays twice and again later twice.
- Supernatural (The CW): New. See what Sam and Dean’s life would be like had they not became hunters.
- CBS has coverage of the NCAA Basketball Championship tournament most of the day.
- Golf Channel has first round action from the Arnold Palmer Invitational.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action with the Miami Heat at the Chicago Bulls followed by the Phoenix Suns at the Portland Trail Blazers.
Bravo has seven episodes of Make Me a Supermodel followed by six episodes of The Millionaire Matchmaker.
Oxygen has 17 episodes Roseanne.
Sci Fi has 17 episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise.