News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the return of Pushing Daisies with the first of its final three episodes.
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has a couple more Nature’s Most Amazing Events, Hallmark Channel has the TV movie premiere of Safe Harbor, Lifetime has the miniseries premiere of Maneater, and Sci Fi has the TV movie premiere of The Book of Beasts.
In late night, Comedy Central has a Pete Correale: The Things We Do For Love comedy special.
Giveaway: One Designing Women – The Complete First Season set on DVD.
Numb3rs (CBS): Repeat. In “Checkmate” from season four, Don and the team think the prosecutor of a case that has had three witnesses murdered might be the next on the list.
Harper’s Island (CBS): New. The sheriff thinks it might be one of the wedding guests behind all the murder and mayhem. Abbey seems to have a secret link to Wakefield.
Pushing Daisies (ABC): New. Very sad that this show was cancelled, but at least we now get to see the last three episode. In this episode, Ned won’t wake the dead any longer, so Emerson and Chuck team up to try and solve a case without his help. The next two episodes play over the next two weeks.
Ultimate Burger Bash With Food Network All-Stars (Food Network): New. Some stars of the network present tips on making the best burgers and fries. Plays again later.
Maneater (Lifetime): Miniseries Premiere. Sarah Chalke (Scrubs) stars in this two part, four-hour miniseries based on the Gigi Levangie Grazer bestseller. Chalke plays a shallow socialite that has dated just about everyone and has the Hollywood connections to prove it, but starts to see her window coming to a close, as she nears her 32nd birthday. So, she sets out to find her a nice rich man to marry in the next three months and sets her target on a new producer in town that seems to be the next big thing. Plays again later and again tomorrow before part two. I’m not exactly the target market for this miniseries, but I really like Chalke and co-stars Judy Greer (Miss Guided, Love Monkey) and Marla Sokoloff (The Practice). This is definitely a cut above the average Lifetime movie. I was only going to watch part one, but ended up watching part two as well. If it weren’t for the return of Pushing Daisies on ABC, I’d say it was tonight’s best option.
- Primeval (BBC America): New. Some cute, but seriously dangerous creatures are burrowing into a hospital and it is up to Cutter, Abby, Connor and Becker to put an end to it. Plays again later.
- ABC has NASCAR action with the Nationwide Series: Heluva Good! 200.
- FOX has MLB action with FOX Saturday Baseball.
- NBC has third round action from the French Open tennis tournament and later Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final.
- TNT has Game 6 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals with the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Orlando Magic.
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. Relive the election with the “Best of Politics: Special Edition.”
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. Justin Timberlake hosted with musical guest Ciara.
Discovery Channel has seven episodes of Man vs. Wild.
History has six episodes of Gangland followed by 10 episodes of Ice Road Truckers.
MTV has seven episodes of Made.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
truTV has 12 episodes of Forensic Files.
USA has 12 episodes of House.
VH1 has seven episodes of I Love the New Millennium.