News & Notes
Over on cable, Comedy Central has a Larry the Cable Guy: Tailgate Party comedy special, TLC has a 19 Kids & Counting special and the series premiere of Little Chocolatiers, Travel Channel has the first season finale of Chowdown Countdown, truTV has the series premiere of Las Vegas Jailhouse, and VH1 has the second season finale of Tough Love.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Homer plays the lottery instead of going on a date with Marge and after he wins, he begins giving them gifts anonymously. Runs 30 minutes.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Angie and Gaby are not getting along. Susan has made a new stripper friend. Tom and Lynette can’t agree about their new therapist. Runs 61 minutes.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Robert and Nora try to help out Scotty at his struggling restaurant. Kitty decides to let the her family vote on whether she should run for Robert’s soon to be vacated Senate seat. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. Teams compete to be crowned “America’s Best Burger.” Plays again later.
Saturday Night Live Presents: Sports All-Stars (NBC): New. A compilation of sports related sketches from its many seasons. Runs two hours.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Michael Smith challenges Iron Chef Bobby Flay. Plays again later.
- Worst Cooks in America (Food Network): New. Two difficult desserts are taught to pairs of the recruits. Plays again later.
- ABC has an NBA doubleheader with the Denver Nuggets at the San Antonio Spurs followed by the Los Angeles Lakers at the Boston Celtics.
- CBS has college basketball action.
- ESPN has Winter X Games coverage early and later the NFL Pro Bowl.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader women’s college basketball, coverage of the Australian Open tennis tournament, and Winter X Games coverage.
- NBA TV has the Phoenix Suns at the Houston Rockets.
- NBC has NHL action early.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Monday’s third season premiere episode, “Your Secrets Are Safe,” replays.
- nip/tuck (FX): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Sheila Carlton,” replays.
AMC is playing The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded, and The Matrix Revolutions twice.
History has 11 episodes of Ice Road Truckers.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Snapped tonight.
Syfy has the three-part six-hour Stephen King’s Red Rose, the three-hour Stephen King’s Desperation, and the two-part four-hour Stephen King’s The Tommyknockers.
TNT has seven episodes of Law & Order early.
Travel Channel has 18 episodes of Man vs. Food followed by the five-part Chowdown Countdown.
WE has 10 episodes of Platinum Weddings.