The NFL Football season may have kicked off Thursday night but it really gets underway today with games on CBS, FOX and the new Sunday Night Football on NBC. Look for a Monday Night Football doubleheader tomorrow on ESPN. FOX continues getting its new fall season underway with the return of The Simpsons and other shows tonight. For fall TV schedule grids, video clip previews and other info regarding the upcoming fall season, check out the Ultimate Guide to the Fall 2006 Schedule.
Sunday Night Football (NBC): Battle of the Manning boys tonight as the Indianapolis Colts at the New York Giants. Who do you think will win tonight? Kickoff is about 5:15 p.m. Pacific. Will run about three hours or so. Preceded by Football Night in America pregame show hosted by Bob Costas.
The Simpsons (FOX): Season Premiere. Homer becomes the new Kingpin in town when Fat Tony gets shot. It looks to be a very funny spoof of The Sopranos and The Godfather.
American Dad (FOX): Season Premiere. Steve ends up in a refugee camp and Stan visits him there and starts up a camp Olympics.
Family Guy (FOX): Season Premiere. Stewie is bothering Lois and Peter goes in for a prostate check.
The War at Home (FOX): Season Premiere. Dave is happy the kids are heading back to school. Larry tries out a new look and Hilary changes the way she studies while Mike is having some problems with his present romance.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. Lily feels a connection with the victim of a 2005 crime. Turns out what they thought had happened might not have as the investigation gets reopened.
Three Moons Over Milford (ABC Family): New. Alex quits school to work for Michelle and Mack wants to get back on the wrestling mat with an old rival.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Iron Chef Morimoto versus Chef Patricia Yeo.
Angelaâ€™s Eyes (Lifetime): New. The team is on a case of a missing girl while Angela is starting to have some relationship problems.
- 2006 Fall TV Preview (TV Guide Channel): New. Get a two-hour preview of the 2006 Fall TV schedule.
- The American President (Oxygen): Released 1995. Michael Douglas as the President who starts dating a lobbyist played by Annette Bening. Runs two and a half hours.
- The Mermaid Chair (Lifetime): Released 2006. Based on the book by Sue Monk Kidd and Stars Kim Basinger and Bruce Greenwood. Runs two hours.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): Repeat. The fourth season premiere, â€œCindy Plumb,â€ replays tonight.
- The Path to 9/11 (ABC): Part 1 of 2. The first three hours of a dramatization of The 9/11 Commission Report. Stars Harvey Keitel, Donnie Walhberg and Patricia Heaton. It airs without commercials and part two is tomorrow night.
- The Wire (HBO): Season Premiere. The fourth season kicks off tonight with the last few days of summer before school starts for the four kids the show will revolve around this time.
- ABC has IndyCar Racing with the Peak Antifreeze Indy 300.
- CBS has NFL Football followed by the U.S. Open Menâ€™s Final.
- ESPN has the final round of the Canadian Open golf tournament early in the day and Sunday Night Baseball with the San Diego Padres at the San Francisco Giants.
- FOX has NFL Football as the new season really gets underway today. I will be watching my hometown Seattle Seahawks at the Detroit Lions. Who will you be watching?
- Golf Channel has LPGA Golf coverage.
- NBC has Sunday Night Football. See the Prime Pick above for more info.
- USA has the U.S. Open Womenâ€™s Doubles Final.
TV Show Marathons
ABC Family has 10 episodes of Supernanny today.
Spike has six more episodes of Blade: The Series concluding with last weekâ€™s episode â€œMonsters.â€
What will you be watching tonight on the tube?