News & Notes
On cable tonight, HBO has the premiere of the two-hour Hard Times at Douglas High: A No Child Left Behind Report Card special, TLC has the first season finale of Master of Dance, and VH1 has part two of I Love the New Millennium. Also, Sci Fi has moved Charlie Jade from Friday nights to the coveted late night or early morning, if you prefer, time period for the remainder of its run. Well, at least if you season pass it on your TiVo, you won’t have to worry about any conflicts.
Enter our Weeds Season 3 DVD giveaway. One of three sets could be just a comment away.
In TVaholic news, I, and representatives from other TV websites, have been invited up to Vancouver B.C. to visit Fake Santa Barbara, or what is better known as the set of USA’s Psych. We’ll get a chance to watch a scene from episode six, “Talk To Me Derby,” from the upcoming third season, which premieres Friday, July 18th, being filmed tonight and visit the set for interviews with cast and crew tomorrow. So, if you have questions about the show you would like to get answered, then leave them in the comments or email them via the contact form.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): Repeat. Leonard and Sheldon hear Penny singing and then try to get out of going to watch her perform, in “The Loobenfeld Decay.”
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Repeat. Marshall’s car breaks down and the gang remembers all the great times they have had with the car, in “Arrivederci, Fiero” from season two.
House (FOX): Repeat. House has to narrow down his candidate pool to six and Foreman is finding it difficult to find a hospital to take him on after pulling a House type move at his last position, in “Guardian Angels” from this past season.
CSI: Miami (CBS): Repeat. The death of a movie star is investigated, in “Rush” from season five.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. Brennan and Booth are investigating the death of the owner of an organic supermarket chain, in “The Secret in the Soil” from this past season. This is the episode where John Francis Daley (Freaks and Geeks) joined the cast for the first time as Dr. Lance Sweets.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): Repeat. Alan and Jake temporarily move in with Evelyn after Alan and Charlie have another fight about Alan’s place in the house, in “Out Leather Gear Is in the Guest Room” from this past season.
Rules of Engagement (CBS): Repeat. Audrey violates the guy code, in “Guy Code” from this past season.
The Mole (ABC): New. This or the last hour of Nashville Star on NBC continues to be a toss-up for me, as to what is the second best item to watch in this hour of primetime.
The Middleman (ABC Family): New. A hail of fire is threatened to be unleashed. Wendy is having problems with Lacey. Plays again later. Last week’s “Pilot” episode replays right before and is also available as a free download at iTunes. You can find links to interviews with stars Matt Keesler, he plays the Middleman, and Brit Morgan, she plays Lacey, in the most recent Saturday Interview Collection.
Unwrapped (Food Network): Repeats. Marc Summers unwraps some “Country” and “Down South” specialties. Both episodes play again later.
Weeds (Showtime): New. Nancy tries to get back to business and ends up on a run down to Mexico. Meanwhile, Celia is getting acquainted with prison life. Plays again later. Nancy’s border crossing escapades and Celia transformation are very funny. Find and interview with Mary-Louise Parker and Elizabeth Perkins in the most recent Saturday Interview Collection. Don’t forget to enter our Weeds Season 3 DVD giveaway.
Secret Diary of a Call Girl (Showtime): New. A new client takes Belle to a by private invitation only party and while there meets one of her favorite authors, but the night doesn’t go in the direction she hopes when her real life comes calling. Plays again later. Belle’s family is introduced in this episode. Hope her Hannah side gets explored more in the coming episodes and how she deals with keeping her Belle side private, cause that has gotten short shrift in the first two episodes.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “The Messengers,” replays. Plays again Thursday and Friday afternoon, Saturday late night and Sunday right before the next new episode.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy checks out places “Where the Locals Go.” Plays again later.
- Good Eats (Food Network): New. Alton is a “Celeryman.” Plays again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): Repeat. Blair is disappointed when Nate doesn’t show up on her birthday and Dan takes Vanessa to Blair’s party hoping that she and Serena will have an opportunity to bond, in “Seventeen Candles.”
- One Tree Hill (The CW): Repeat. The episode flashes back to Lucas visiting Peyton in LA and what happened that changed their relationship to what you see today, in “I Forgot to Remember to Forget” from this past season.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball with the Arizona Diamondbacks at the Boston Red Sox.
- ESPN2 has early round coverage of Day 1 from Wimbledon.
- The Bill Engvall Show (TBS): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Ask Your Mother,” replays.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Episode 10, “False Flag,” replays. Episode 11 plays late night Thursday. The new season begins July 10th.
- In Plain Sight (USA): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Trojan Horst,” replays.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Threshold early.
Spike has five episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation tonight.
TNT has five episodes of Law & Order tonight.